Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Antique/Vintage Lillilan Russell/Davis Furniture Co. 7-piece Walnut Bedroom Set

MUST SELL....
First a little about the set.  It was given to me in 1970 from a young doctor and his wife I babysat for. I was getting married and they bought themselves a new one.  It had been handed down to them from a family member.  We were transferred a year later and the set ended up at my mom's house in her spare room.  And that is where it stayed.  Then in 1998, my mom moved to FL and the set was moved here. It has been in the spare room pictured since 1998. A few years ago I moved the furniture around and should have taken pictures then, but never thought I would sell the set.  But the time has come, I need to.  I have taken care of my mom for several years now.  She is going on 93 and has Alzheimer. I've always slept in the den in the front of the house, but mom is in the sundowner's stage and is scare at night and sees people everywhere.  She will not sleep in her bedroom anymore because I sleep up front.  I cannot sleep in the little room because it is wall-to-wall furniture and my claustrophobia sets in big time.  So I need to let it go and buy me a small bed and one chest. 
In January, I put a brand new deep pocket, pillow top mattress and box springs on the bed along with a new mattress cover.  I am including those, too.  And if the buyer wants the yellow quilt, I will let that go, too.  I got that an estate sale about 8 years ago.
All the pieces are stenciled. And on the back of the chest, you can see where the Davis Cabinet Co. sticker was. Each piece has a lot # along with another number.  Chest - No 2971 Lot 793. Nightstand - No 2970 Lot 850.  Dresser 207 Stand No 794. 
There is no major damage.  The bottom middle drawer on the triple dresser lost its handle and my mom's husband made a makeshift one.  Minor knicks chips mostly gotten from the movers from MD to FL.
I can take other pictures if someone wants some in particular.  I have pics of the notched drawers and the handle.
Local Pick-Up.
I will be happy to work with someone about shipping or a freight company.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vintage-Lillilan-Russell-Davis-Furniture-Co-7-piece-Walnut-Bedroom-Set-/371635734113


No comments:

Post a Comment